* approx 1 cup
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 – 3/4 cup organic olive oil
1 Tbs honey or agave or coconut nectar
1 rounded tsp stone ground mustard
1 clove minced garlic
– medium size mixing bowl
1. – pour balsamic vinegar into bowl
2. – add garlic and mustard
3. – whisk in olive oil until saponified
– replace balsamic vinegar with apple cider vinegar,
place vinegar and dates into blender.
– blend until dates are creamed into vinegar.
– pour into bowl & whisk in garlic, mustard, maple or honey and olive oil.
Overall, this book is a great recipe book filled with with humor and beautiful color photographs of Juliano's amazing food. The author, both restaurateur and spokesperson for the benefits of raw food, is clearly in love with this way of "cooking" and this way of life and his enthusiasm is contagious. His recipes are inspiring and fun and the food doesn't get much healthier.
As Juliano likes to say, "before you know it, you'll be Raw and loving it."