Savory Mediterranean Crackers
- about 3 dozen crackers
1 1/2 cups cubed zucchini
2 cups walnuts soaked for one hour
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes soaked for one hour or more
1 handful fresh oregano. basil, marjoram or combination of all three
3 roughly chopped green onions
1/4 cup hemp seed
1/2 cup ground golden flax seed
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4-1 cup water
1-1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
dehydrator with non stick Teflex sheets
- grind walnuts into a fine texture in the food processor. Transfer to a large bowl.
- add zucchini, tomatoes, herbs, onions and grind well. Add mixture to walnuts.
- process flax, hemp, lemon, salt and yeast into the bowl stirring to combine.
- add water as necessary until a sticky dough forms similar to a wet batter.
- spread the mixture thinly over 4-5 dehydrator trays using a spatula.
- dehydrate between 105-109 degrees overnight.
- when tops are dry flip over and peel away the liners.
- dehydrate another 6-8 hours.
This book is for everyday people who want healthy food and great flavor. If you want to eat well and feel great, this book is for you. Matthew Kenney is a chef, restaurateur, caterer, and food writer. He has appeared on the Today Show, the Food Network and has been nominated for the James Beard Rising Star Award. Matthew's passion for raw food has taken him into new realms of creativity, flavor, and healthy living. Matthew is one of our favorite chefs here in the Cafe and his other cookbooks include, Raw Food Real World and Matthew Kenney's Mediterranean Cooking.