Savory Kale Chips
2 bunches of curly kale
2 red bell peppers
1 cup cashews (soaked)
1 1/2 lemons juiced
1/4-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup agave
1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup hemp seed
high speed blender
1. – remove large center stems from kale leaves and discard.
2. – set de-stemmed leaves aside in large mixing bowl.
3. – blend remaining ingredients in blender until a smooth consistency like a sauce is achieved.
4. – pour sauce over kale leaves and mix with hands until each leaf is well coated.
5. – spread onto dehydrator sheets and dry for 12 or more hours at 118 degrees.
6. – kale chips are ready when each leaf is crispy.
The non preachy primers on ingredients and techniques used in raw preparations make this book accessible and usable for a wider audience than might typically go for a raw foods cookbook. Living Raw Food offers 100 new recipes inspired by the author's New York City restaurant, Pure Food and Wine, where she is a partner and executive chef. The recipes are sophisticated and rigorously raw. And they range from quick and easy milks and juices to intriguing dishes from her restaurant's menu.