Sweet — October 21, 2010
Raw Chocolate Torte
* 10″ Torte
spring form pan
high speed blender
Cuisinart food processor
1. – process almonds first in food processor to a fine flour, then add remaining dry ingredients.
2. – add coconut oil and process with the dry ingredients. mixture will turn dark brown.
3. – press ingredients uniformly into spring form pan.
4. – combine coconut oil, cacao butter and vanilla with cacao powder in blender.
5. – slowly add sweetner, blend until smooth.
6. – pour liquid mixture on top of crust evenly.
7. – place in refrigerator for 3-3 hours until torte is firm.
8. – serve by itself or with fresh fruit, whipping creme or a mousse topping.
In this lushly photographed book, Kenney and Melngailis share some of their magic and show that preparing and eating raw does not mean bland, unsatisfying, or impossibly time-consuming meals. Using dehydrating, Vita-Mix blending, a nuanced understanding of spices, and unprecedented creativity, they explore a whole new outlook on raw food that transfers beautifully and easily from their kitchen to yours -- no matter what your present diet. And you'll immediately begin to reap the benefits of healthful, delicious, life-giving raw food. This is fantastic recipe book.