Sweet — October 21, 2010
A raw Chocolate Torte is a chocolate lover’s dream
Raw Chocolate Torte
-spring form pan
-high speed blender
-Cuisinart food processor
1. – process almonds first in food processor to a fine flour, then add remaining dry ingredients
2. – add coconut oil and process with the dry ingredients. mixture will turn dark brown
3. – press ingredients uniformly into spring form pan
4. – combine coconut oil, cacao butter and vanilla with cacao powder in blender
5. – slowly add sweetner, blend until smooth
6. – pour liquid mixture on top of crust evenly
7. – place in refrigerator for 3-3 hours until torte is firm
Serve by itself or with fresh fruit, whipping creme or a mousse topping.
In this lushly photographed book, Kenney and Melngailis share some of their magic and show that preparing and eating raw does not mean bland, unsatisfying, or impossibly time-consuming meals. Using dehydrating, Vita-Mix blending, a nuanced understanding of spices, and unprecedented creativity, they explore a whole new outlook on raw food that transfers beautifully and easily from their kitchen to yours -- no matter what your present diet. And you'll immediately begin to reap the benefits of healthful, delicious, life-giving raw food. This is fantastic recipe book. Highly recommended.